International Association of Special Investigation Units
Founded in 1984 by a group of insurance industry fraud investigators, the International Association of Special Investigation Units (IASIU) is a non-profit organization dedicated to:
- Promoting a coordinated effort within the industry to combat insurance fraud;
- Providing education and training for insurance investigators;
- Developing greater awareness of the insurance fraud problem;
- Encouraging high professional standards of conduct among insurance investigators; and
- Supporting legislation that acts as a deterrent to the crime of insurance fraud.
IASIU’s membership is made up of thousands of members representing hundreds of insurance companies around the world. Members are employees of insurance or self-insured special investigation units, special agents or supervisors of the National Insurance Crime Bureau (NICB) or Insurance Crime Prevention Bureau. Associate members are insurance company personnel who support the investigative process and the law enforcement community involved in insurance fraud investigation.